Tuesday 17 July 2007

Unrezzed prim lashes and how awful they look

I took this picture at the Downtown sim. It’s a random girl shopping, and the prim lashes she was wearing had not rezzed, and they actually never did rezz at all while she was there, though she was there for a long time.




Prim lashes are great for when you want to make a photo shoot of yourself, but it’s not a good idea to wear them at parties when there’s a bit of lag, or when you are in places full of prims. It seems that lashes are always the last thing to rezz.


The first time I saw prim lashes I was at a party. There was some lag, but not much. Everything had already rezzed, but still, even then, the prim lashes the hostess of the party was wearing took a loooong long time to rezz. Meanwhile, what I could see was a strange “black makeup” on her face, something like what you can see in the picture above. She looked as if as she had taken a punch on the eye, or actually.. on both eyes! LOL!


After that, I thought, no prim lashes for me, thank you!! LOL!!!


But prim lashes do look beautiful, that is, when they have done rezzing. The problem is, though they may have rezzed for YOU, for each new person that teleports to the sim where you are it will still look like you have been punched on the eyes until the lashes eventually rezz. And the lashes are the last thing to rezz. But why? Why? What a pity.

2 comments:

Bitter Chocolate said...

That's one of the reasons why I don't like prim lashes and why I don't use them. Another thing is that they don't move as you wink which looks kinda silly. Oh and I never managed to make them suit my huge eyes properly :) S no prim lashes for me either...

Wilhelmina Yoshikawa said...

Yes, good point, they don't move when the eyes blink. Maybe some day when Linden Labs have more powerful servers and the rezzing is faster, and also when they have added more attachment points to the avatars (upper and lower eyelid, and also upper and lower lip), then it will be nicer to wear prim lashes, and also lip rings. I wanted a lip ring but then I realized the ring would always stay in the same place (if I laughed or smiled it wouldn't move with the lip). Some things only look good in photographs..