Monday 16 July 2007

Metamorphosis

Finally I find time to sit down and update this blog! I have something cool to write about.

But first, look at the cutie in this picture and tell me, isn’t she HOT?

Well...
That’s me!!!


Yes, that’s me with my new shape!! :-)))



As you know I have had trouble with my shape from day one. I spent most of my first two months with the same skin I started with and I had made a few changes to my appearance. Changing my appearance has always been a challenge because, just to start with, my computer crashes almost every time I go into appearance mode. I don’t know if that’s because my laptop hasn’t got enough memory or is it the graphics card (Mobility Radeon 9000 for laptops, which isn’t as great as the normal mobility radeon for desk computers).


Anyway, my first two days back then when I joined SL I spent in the Orientation Island, trying to complete the Appearance Tutorial and crashing and crashing all the time, and thinking serious of forgetting about SL since it doesn’t seem to work... (I thought it was necessary to complete all the tutorials to be able to go inworld, so each time I was asked in the tutorials to go into appearance mode, I went and crashed..


Later on I learned that I just can’t go into appearance mode in sims full of prims and people. The only way is to go to an empty sandbox, wait until every little thing has rezzed, and if there isn’t people around I can edit my appearance. It sucks, but it works. And even then sometimes my pc crashes.


Besides this computer problem, I’m no good with changing my appearance. I changed my first shape and made it look much better, but later on I realized I was a giant more than 2 meters tall. I thought my ass was too big and made it smaller, the breasts too. And then I was happy. But then I started wearing skirts and they made my ass so much bigger. I decided to reduce my ass (big mistake), and then I thought I had to reduce my shoulders too to compensate, and then the waist wasn’t narrow enough. I made changes again, and it was getting worse. I was heading towards some sort of digital anorexia (LOL) and my shape had lost its feminine curves. I was getting nuts.


Then I bought a skin, convinced that would make me look better, and after trying lots of demos and buying one, I realized I wasn’t getting anywhere with my appearance. My face seemed so angular and full of harsh shadows.


Now I have to put a picture here, I hate this picture. Look how narrow my face looked like. With this hair I look ghastly. A male friend thought I looked pretty, but I have to disagree. Really, LOOK at the picture!



Sometimes changing the hair helps a bit. As you can see in my old mermaid pictures.







Here’s a picture I took during the SecondFest. The hair is a freebie from ETD (a lovely hair, I like it a lot). I was wearing trousers from ETD and a blouse from Last Call. Even with nice clothes and a good hair, the only feminine things in that shape were the face and the breasts. Look, I had no hips at all.


It was then that I found out about SL Fashion SOS. I saw the amazing job Aemilia had done with two girls before; she gave then a makeover and they looked so fabulous with their new shapes. So I asked for help. I’m SO GLAD I did it! Aemilia is a genius!! She saved my ass, LOL! Literally, really, because I was almost “assless” (does this word even exist?) and now I have a beautiful and feminine ass! All my body proportions are now great and my face is much more round and sweet. Before the makeover, I looked so serious (like an angry teacher or something) and now I look much friendlier and cute.


Check the pictures from my previous post. I was already wearing my new shape.


Take a look at Aemilia’s blog and the pics she took from me. I love these pictures!


I also learned so much. I was making a stupid mistake with my shape when I wore skirts: the default SL skirts (which are those skirts that are not prim skirts) always make our hips larger, and that’s one reason why I had made my ass so small. Also I was wearing freebie prim skirts and adjusting my ass to fit the skirts, when I should be doing the other way around. Besides, most freebie skirts are just awful. Sometimes they were somebody’s poor attempt at designing something that didn’t work, so they decide to give it for free. Some freebies on the other hand are good, when good designers give something away to advertise their products. Anyway, back to the point: forget the cheap prim skirts, and tweak the size of the skirt to fit your ass, not the other way around. It’s not worth having a small and boring ass just because most skirts will fit.


Aemilia had a simple and great solution for the default skirt problem. She made me a copy of my new shape, but with a slightly smaller ass, specially for when I’m wearing default skirts. This way, I don’t have to go into appearance mode. When wearing pants, I wear the normal shape, and when wearing default skirts, the “skirt shape”, so my ass is always the same size (otherwise default skirts make it larger). It’s much easier to just choose it from the inventory! If I had to go into appearance mode, not only it would take more time, but also I would have to find an empty sandbox otherwise my computer would crash.


I’m writing so much today! So many words just to say that I LOVE MY NEW SHAPE!!!!! :-)))))))


Lately I have been going through my inventory and throwing away lots of old stuff. And I’m keeping only the good stuff. I’m thinking more now about my image and my style. I got to know lots of really cool stores and I bought some amazing outfits and shoes. As Caterin said, there are lots of good designers in SL.


Yesterday I bought these boots at Shiny Things, tattoos from EtchD, shorts from Tomboy, blouse and poses from Maitreya. I have lots of other cute outfits, but I’m so in love with this new look, specially with the Sea Nymph hair, the boots and tattoos, that next time you meet me inworld I will probably be looking like this. ;-)






4 comments:

Bitter Chocolate said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Your new look is burning, rawr!

Ok, calm down Bailey, calm down...

Seriously, it's stunning, I love it all. What a hottie... did you say you'd like to meet? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Bailey, you leave Wilhelmina alone, I met her first! :)

Looking great my dear!!

Wilhelmina Yoshikawa said...

Hi girls! Thank you! I'm so pleased with my new looks that I can't stop staring at myself. I'm feeling too narcissistic today! :-D

Aemilia Villota said...

WoooOoOhOoOoOo looking good chica! Love love loev the outfit with the tats, EtchD rock, not as much as u though :p