Friday 6 July 2007

More surfing and skiing

Surfing at the Weather Channel’s beach. Sitting over the board and waiting for the next wave.

And there I gooooo!


After surfing for a while I decided to sit on a beach chair and a girl came to sit close to me and we talked. After she left, it was only me and another girl on another chair (she had been there longer than me). I was talking through IM to a friend while I sat there, and everything was quiet until a strange guy appeared from nowhere. He had a belt with walktalk and other stuff (gun?) and he crouched next to the girl’s chair. She didn’t move. Then suddenly he started saying things like:


(His name) swallows near her, smelling her scent
(His name) touches her shoulder with his fingertips


She didn’t move! I wondered what the hell was that. I couldn’t resist taking a pic, and so here it is. I’m "protecting the identity of those involved" by covering their faces, LOL!!


Well, maybe I should leave this place before he decides to come check my scent and touch my shoulder or something else. LOL!

I went up the hill to check the mountain bikes. First I decided to stretch my legs in a bunker and watch a video.


Then I got myself a bike and went driving in the desert. Yeah, I was sure not to miss any puddles of mud and got all muddy and dusty (in fact, I wish the av could really get dirty, otherwise it isn’t realistic enough). One think that bothered me is that there wasn’t a track, I was driving randomly in the desert and without indications of where I should go, to which direction I should drive.



Then, I gave the skiing another chance.

But first had to go to the weather tower just to be sure of what weather to expect...

Something makes me think I would love a job like that! I'm a weather freak, I'm so into it. :-)





Then I got up in the lift and off I went... What a beautiful sunset, snow showers and the moon rising.


Ops, what is THAT?? A chair from the lift, several meters downhill. Auch! So even the lift can be that dangerous??


Dangerous or not, what a beautiful trip!! And this is the best and most realistic snow I have seen in SL! Even if you don’t want to ski, get up there! It’s a MUST!


At the top of the mountain there are lots of warning signs, oh dear, Hazard! Hazard! You can’t say you haven’t been warned! No wonder I died THREE TIMES when skiing in this place.


Anyway, there I go!!!


Yikes!

5 comments:

Bitter Chocolate said...

Glad you had fun at the weather channel, it's a great place. Omehow odd people seem to flock there, like this weird guy on the beach who was making everyone around him fart and said stuf like: "Oh no! What have you eaten?" I doubt anyone would appear to check anybody's scent there at that moment though LOL

Anonymous said...

oh boy, super-creepy guy!

I'll have to check this sking lark out, looks thrilling.

Wilhelmina Yoshikawa said...

Bailey: Yes, probably not a good moment for checking anybody's scent, LOL! This reminds me of a guy who was "spanking" a girl's ass in a coffee house. His av was not literally spanking her, but he used a script that made spanking noises and a text said "Guy X spanks Girl Y's bottom". He kept clicking her ass and making that noise, and the chat lines were filling the screen with "Guy X spanks Girl Y's bottom"...

Caterin: Yes, super-creepy! I wonder what ever happened next. Since I left I never got to know. The skiing was thriling, but the Weather Channel skis aren't good. If you have your own skis (bought somewhere else) use them instead. The Weather Channel skis are difficult to control.

Ginseng Kyong said...

Wow.. that is quite an adventure!!

that is real amusing about the couple on the beach.

Anonymous said...

I have skied there a bunch and it's great!!! Even the surfing is nice as well. I like what they have done with that SIM and what a great idea and venue for the Weather Channel. Thanks for sharing your experience. Cheers!!! Jarlybart Kupferberg