Tuesday 3 July 2007

Mermaid

I have been meaning to post this for some time, and finally here it is. :-)
This picture was taken 4 days ago, but the 2 pics below this one are soon half a month old. Maybe now that I'm on vacations I manage to update this blog more often?


I could not pass the opportunity of being a mermaid and swimming with the fishes in SL. SL is so great exactly because of that, because of all the possibilities it give us. You can be whatever you want, you can be a mermaid, a dragon, a butterfly, a jellyfish, a frog or even a hat. I’m not just throwing random words here as examples, I have really seen each one of these in SL. There are even jellyfish avatars for sale (really!). Whatever makes your fancy, it’s there! And if it isn’t, maybe you would like to create it!

I purchased a mermaid tale from Sirena Hair and Fashion, and AO from Emeraldever. After that, it was easy, just put everything on and suddenly I was a mermaid! I looked at myself in awe! Wow! Natalia’s mermaid costume is beautiful, the colours are so alive, and the tail is flexible and gracious.

Under the sea shells that cover the breasts there are two texture sea shell drawings that cover the nipples. I thought that was unnecessary, but once it was a life-saver! It happened once that I teleported from one mermaid place to another, and some SL bug happened when I teleported, causing all the prim attachments I was wearing to be automatically relocated and appear in between my legs! My hair, the sea shells, the necklace, the leg attachments, everything was misplaced! But the texture shells were still covering my nipples, otherwise I would be topless! LOL! Thank you, Natalia, for the texture sea shells!!


Most of the times I have been swimming in my mermaid form, I have been on my own. And sometimes I have met people who came to talk to me. The reactions were varied. There was a couple of newbies that got frightened, there was a sailor who was joyful to see me swimming alongside his boat and making a backflip above the water, there was a girl who loved to see me and made me lots of questions about how it is to be a mermaid and do I live underwater (LOL, it was my first day as a mermaid). And there was a girl I met in human form (both of us in human form) and after an hour of conversation the mermaid subject came up, and as it happened we both liked to swim as sea creatures.

She has a beautiful and quite unusual fishlike siren costume, as you can see the picture above. So we jumped into the water and off we went!

I also met a merman, the only merman I have ever met (they seem to be rare, are they?). He is one of the builders of an underwater mercity. I was at the Rua sim when we met, and we talked about it. He wanted to hear ideas about what I would like to see in a mercity. Later he gave me a landmark and I went to see the place. The name of the place is Mertlantis Underwater City, at the eyeles sim.


The place has lots of different kinds of plants and sea creatures. There are beautiful buildings with mermaid paintings on the wall, and a classical Greek style, so it feels like being on Atlantis or something like that. As the name says, Mertlantis!


Here more pics from there.








Beautiful, isn't it? I hope this place might some day become a hangout for mermaids!

6 comments:

Ginseng Kyong said...

Wow.. very cool.

Wilhelmina Yoshikawa said...

Ginseng kyong: Thanks! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh... no. Mermen aren't that rare. There are frequently mermen at Cave Rua and at Hermanly -- as well as Eyeles.

Anonymous said...

this is sooooo damn cool...i'm a mermaid too...i see you bought your tail at sirena's...i bought mine at mermaid's dream..aqua blue...well whatever...i know a loot of mermen...more than mermaids lol. well great post!

no more NSA, profile will be deleted soon said...

ooh it doesnt excist anymore :/ thanks for posting the pictures :)

kiss from another mer :)

Anonymous said...

"Haven of Mermaids" and "Haven of Rogues" are the new "Merlantis" (too bad I missed that place, sounds like it was nice).