Saturday 16 June 2007

Tu fé koi sur ce cube???

Tu fé koi sur ce cube??? I still have to ask a French person what does this sentence mean, because the internet translator I use couldn’t give me a complete translation, and I don’t speak French at all.

I don’t have a place of my own in SL yet, so whenever I need to change clothes or try some animations, I have to find a calm and quiet spot where I won’t be seen. I try to find an empty sandbox, and when I can’t, I go to my favourite sandbox and get high up in the sky with the help of my workshop buster, high above the level people can fly unassisted. There I have some privacy, preferably inside my workshop box.

Before learning to do that, I have also experimented with changing clothes at the bottom of the sea, far away from the shore. I checked there were no green spots in the little map (that means, no one around) and then I felt safe to try on some clothes. Until the day some guy appeared flying (swimming?) from nowhere and saw me there. I had all my clothes on, and they weren’t even too sexy nor revealing (long tight pants and long sleeved jacket), and the only sexy things were my long flexi pony tail prim hair and high heels. He flew around me, insulted me and went away. Did he think I was a whore waiting for a client in the middle of the ocean? I must say, there are some very rude people in SL. After that, I felt much safer high up in the skies, where no one will happen to fly around (I mean, very high up in the skies).

So once I was at a sandbox and saw there was something up there in the sky, a building or something. I decided to check what it was, so I rezzed a cube, sat on it, and changed its position such that I at the same altitude as the building. It was a castle. A huge medieval castle, complete with artillery and everything. It didn’t look like it was under construction, what made me think, was there someone living in it? As far as I know you can’t live in a sandbox. Then suddenly a guy appeared flying next to me (this must have been no more than 400 m up there), and asked me “Tu fé koi sur ce cube???”. I didn’t understand but I assumed it was something like “are you sitting on a cube???”. I explained in English I sat on the cube to see what was up there. He said ok, and went to the castle. I think he was puzzled by seeing a girl on a cube. I think I wouldn’t be surprised anymore by anything I could see in SL, a girl on a cube is not out of the ordinary, really. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilhelmina :)
I really enjoy your blog and would like to thank you for it. Now, as I'm French, I can help you understanding this famous sentence which became the title of your article :)
"Tu fé koi sur ce cube ?" is awful French, a mixture of real French and SMS-style. In good French it would have been "Tu fais quoi sur ce cube ?", and even now the question is not very correct, grammatically speaking. It should have been more "Que fais-tu sur ce cube ?".
AND the question means "What are you doing on that cube ?". I hope I don't look like some grammar addict lol.
I'll be pleased to help again if ever you met another French in SL. I was surprised to see you know another Lolaa lol but there are quite a few there.
See ya !

Wilhelmina Yoshikawa said...

Hi Lolaa!
Thanks! Oh I blogged this so long ago I didn't even remember it. It was nice to finaly know the answer! It seems my guess was right so I gave him the right answer. ;-)
I'm glad you enjoy my blog!
See you around!