Sunday 17 June 2007

Riding an eagle, and dancing at the Sphynx

This Saturday I had a lot of fun in SL. I flew on an eagle! Wait, you said what? Yes, I flew seated over the wing of an eagle. There’s no limit to what you can do in SL, specially when you can click almost anything and choose Sit on it. My British friend Ran took me to the Lost Garden to show me that.

We flew to the top of a mountain where we could see the eagles and he told me what to do. It worked at the first try! He said it would be difficult and usually people have to try several times, but it was a piece of cake!

I have a secret: hold ALT and click on the eagle; that will center your focus on the eagle and your camera view will move with it, the eagle will be always at the center of the screen. Then, zoom in, either with the mouse or choosing Ctrl+0. Then right click the eagle and choose Sit. There! You are riding the eagle!




At night I visited the Sphynx for the first time. First I had a walk between the Egyptian temples and the underground chambers with the Anubis statues and sarcophaguses with mummies. Then I decided to go dancing. The place was not yet too full. I sat at the bar, and the wonderful host Baro offered me a drink. I sat there and talked to him, and soon came more people. I talked to Helene, a nice Dutch girl, and an American guy whose name I can’t remember (Sam?). We talked to Velvet and her companion, a 54 ton robot called Zephyrin. Wow, what a nice couple! I never thought I would go to a club where you are expected to wear a gown or a tux and see a huge robot dancing. And when the two danced wearing the poseballs, he was so big that the girl couldn’t be seen, as she was “inside” him. LOL! We talked and laughed, and they have an incredible sense of humour, I loved them! Such great guys.

And Baro’s girlfriend, Lolaa, she is so beautiful! I told her that, and she said I was kind. I wasn’t just being kind, she is really one of the most beautiful avatars I have ever seen in SL. Baro and Lolaa make a very beautiful couple, and they are so nice and friendly, they are really lovely. I can’t even remember how much time I spent there talking to everyone.

At some point, Zephyrin made a backflip. You can only imagine how it is when a 54 ton robot makes a backflip on the dance floor! And best of all, he got up (he is a HUGE robot) and came to sit between me and Helene at the bar. The chairs are so small! He took the whole space, he was literally OVER the bar and partially over me too! LOL! I’m so lucky avatars cannot be crushed, otherwise I would be a pancake now! I had to take a picture, because this is something you don’t see everyday!


It was very late in Finland and I was about to go home when a new guy came in and wanted to dance. I had wanted to dance before but everyone was taken. So I went dancing with him. It was a really nice German guy called Giovanni, who lives in my favourite part of Germany (Bavaria), so we talked about Germany, German cities and the Alps, while we danced salsa.


I really loved the animations, the salsa animations were very nice. Maybe in the autumn I shall take salsa lessons to learn to dance like that in real life.

It was a great evening and I will be visiting the Sphynx again in the future.

No comments: