Sunday 17 June 2007

Bliss Gardens

"Tired of falling through the floor?"

Bliss Basin. What a beautiful place. It’s one of my favourites. But If I would tell you that and you went there searching for it, the first thing you would see is not exactly the nature area of Bliss Gardens I mean. Bliss Basin is part of the Bliss Gardening Centre. When you enter Bliss Gardens, you will find yourself at the arrival area, a place high up in the skies (though you wouldn’t notice that right away), with wooden walkways and some display boards with information, telling how to go to one place or another. Right in front of you there is a display telling of a ballroom or something, and to go there you have to jump into the hole in the water right in front of you, between you and the display. When you do so, you will be falling through the sky (only now you see how high up in the air this place was), and you will keep falling, falling, and just let yourself fall, pressing the spacebar from time to time to slow down your fall, until you are down there. You will be in a place with high mountains and waterfalls.

But this is still a bit far away from my favourite part of the garden. It’s a pity it isn’t possible to create a landmark directly to my favourite spot – I even have the landmark, but when I teleport I always end up at the same arrival area. So what I have to do is to go to the arrival area and click on the board to teleport myself to the Bliss Basin Nature Area.

This is me in front of a waterfall, at my favorite spot.


At the arrival area, if you walk away from the displays, you will be in a garden of small waterfalls. It seems those are garden decorations you can buy if you are a resident and want something beautiful for your own garden. There are several of them, most of the same size but different styles. You can walk between them, or stroll around the wooden walkways, until... until you suddenly sink through the logs of the walkway! Then you either get stuck or you fall down. The first time it happened I thought it was a bug or an one-time accident, but it seems it is much more common than I thought: yesterday I saw a board around there that started with the line: “Tired of falling through the floor?”

Back down there, at the Bliss Basin Nature Area, you can hear the birds (even a nightingale), see the flowers, walk through suspended bridges and walkways, admiring the beauty of the virtual nature. To think that someone build this all! It’s so very beautiful!

The SLURL for the Bliss gardens is: FuturePerfect (236,127,502).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi wow it sounds like a wonderful place! But I cant find Bliss Basin on SL..
my name there is Mischa Gelles,
have they removed the place or?
Thank you!