Monday 13 August 2007

Technical problems

I shouldn't have installed Voice. With that update something changed and now ambient sounds are causing SL to crash on my computer. I can only visit sims with no or few sounds. Voice works fine, but if there are birds singing and sounds of waterfalls and other things, SL crashes. This weekend it crashed so many times I can't even remember. Then I installed the new voice viewer (the one released on Friday) hoping maybe the problem would end, but it made no difference.

For now, I won't be in SL too often. I can't visit many of the places I used to. My graphics card doesn't handle this new version, I need a new one and a new processor.

2 comments:

Daedalus Young said...

Yes, the Voice Viewer is more unstable for me too. You can try to install an older viewer, you can download it from the SL Wiki Download page. :)

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Wilhelmina-- just found your blog! What a fun read! I love your writing style!

So sorry to hear about your computer problems. I know Pele (my home) is full of sounds. Maybe you can turn sounds off and still come visit.